Music Creators North America, the Songwriters Guild of America and the Society of Composers & Lyricists have been joined by nine domestic and international groups representing the interests of half a million songwriters and composers in filing comments before the US Copyright Royalty Board.
The groups express strenuous objection to the proposed adoption by the CRB of private agreements negotiated by the three major record labels/music publishing conglomerates that would once again freeze mechanical royalty rates for physical product, downloads, bundles and ring tones for another five years (more than twenty years and counting in the aggregate). All other songwriter groups are invited to join in this effort!
The comments were endorsed by the following music creator organizations:
- Alliance for Women Film Composers (AWFC)
- Alliance of Latin American Composers & Authors (AlcaMusica)
- Asia-Pacific Music Creators Alliance (APMA)
- European Composers and Songwriters Alliance (ECSA)
- The Ivors Academy (IVORS)
- Music Answers (M.A.)
- Pan-African Composers and Songwriters Alliance (PACSA)
- Screen Composers Guild of Canada (SCGC)
- Songwriters Association of Canada (SAC)